Friday, March 11, 2005

TGIF



It's Friday and Disciple now weekend starts in two hours! while i was packing i picked up my "journal" that i write in on mission trips and retreats. i turned to my entry that i wrote when i was leaving Nicaragua this November and it got me thinkin about it again. So i'm gonna post what i wrote.

One more day

With one more day left a million thoughts are racing through my mind. Thoughts about what will be waiting back home, no not home, this is home, here in Nicaragua is where i belong.
Where money and materials are worth very little and time with family and friends is priceless.
Where the gospel is the best gift that you can be given and going out to eat is goin to your grandmothers house for supper.
Maybe WE are the less fortunate, maybe possessions are not worth the sacrifices that making money takes. Maybe giving your time to the ones you love is worth not having more money that you really need.

Could it be that loving others means giving them your time(the only thing you can't make momre of) instead of spending your time to give them somthing that cannot love?


I am coming to the conclusion that America needs to catch up with Nicaragua.

2 Comments:

Blogger sharon said...

Eric, you are very wise for your age. There are so many older folks in this world that just doesn't get that. I love that I can read your blogs & know more about you. I think Jon & I are very blessed to know you & Riley. :-)

March 11, 2005 9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ERIC--
WE'RE COMING TO GET YOU. YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER STOLE OUR BOX TODAY. I'D BE WATCHING MY BACK IF I WERE YOU.

March 12, 2005 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tigerebel3. Make your own badge here.