Sunday, September 11, 2005

My Favorite shirt


My Favorite shirt
Originally uploaded by tigerebel3.

I would like to tell a story about my favorite shirt and how i went about obtaining it. On our second trip to the Diriamba dump I noticed a boy about my age walking around with a shirt that said "wet willie" on the front. I and a few of my peers thought this was one of the coolest shirts we had ever seen. After getting enough encouragement from that same group of peers i approached this boy and started to converse with him. After making friends i decided it was time to talk business. In my limited spanish i asked him if he would like to trade shirts with me. This was a good deal for him considering his shirt was dirty and had a few holes and stains in it, this however is considered "vintage" in the united states. He looked like he thought there was something strange about a gringo walking up to him and simply asking to swap shirts so i explained how much i liked the shirts and added one hundred cordobas to the deal (about 6 american dollars) He quickly agreed and i got myself a very cool shirt for only a clean white purple cow t-shirt, which was a pretty sweet shirt anyway, and six dollars. When i got home i was informed that this shirt was an old Willie Nelson tour shirt. The humorous part of this story is that the white purple cow shirt i traded with him happend to be a favorite shirt of Robyn's that she left at my house on accident and wanted back asap and although she does like the shirt was not happy that i traded a shirt of hers that she got at a restaurant in Little Rock.



4 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

i just delete a spam comment that someone put on my blog, there is no escaping it.

September 11, 2005 10:19 PM  
Blogger Pam Terrell said...

Yes there is. Reset your comments so that the person has to type in one of those funky words before posting a comment. That's what I did on my log when I started getting spam and I've been spam-free ever since.

September 12, 2005 6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you make me sound so upset. but i WILL find that shirt when i go down there.

September 13, 2005 6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea...dis da Sam da man...NO u wont Robin...im sure thats u i think...btw thanks for the mocha...first one i ever had was pretty cool...GEAUX Wet Willie!!! its the best EVER!

as i told Eric in Nic...Purple Cow?....Wet Willie?...WET WILLIE SO WINS
yea yuh

September 20, 2005 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tigerebel3. Make your own badge here.