Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Cornbread Dressing

Ok this cannot be repeated to anyone in the Landry or Shoptaugh family but my mom is not a very good cook. i think this is the reason why i will eat anything and everything. i never wanted to offend my mom so i would always eat everything and i am a Landry so i was always taught to eat until it hurts. Every year my mom cooks cornbread dressing a few days before thanksgiving, freezes it, and serves it on CHRISTmas day. Ive never understood this because everyone knows food is better before it is defrosted. This cornbread dressing takes 4 hours to make and it is never very good. Of course i won't tell my mom this. Today she made her cornbread dressing to be served a month from now. The strangest thing happened. i tried it and it was amazing. I love cornbread dressing, it's my favorite Thanksgiving dish, and this was the best i had ever tasted in my life. i took the thing she was using to contain the dressing she didn't defrost and ate the entire thing. it was huge and i didn't let anyone else have any. I could not believe my mother had produced this masterpiece i am contemplating sneaking into the kitchen and stealing some of the cornbread dressing meant for CHRISTmas day. LET ME STRESS THAT THIS CANNOT LEAVE THE READERS MIND BECAUSE I DON'T WANT MI MADRE TO FIND OUT I DON'T CARE FOR HER COOKING

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tigerebel3. Make your own badge here.